God has a Plan

Elizabeth - Bristol, Indiana

I believe that everything has a plan, and that God has a reason for everything that happens. The failures and triumphs that I have had in life often reflect the changes that I have made in myself or the way I do things. I had a hardship for about three years in my life where I was sick off and on, and every doctor and special doctor that I saw didn’t know what was wrong with me. They all had different opinions, they thought it was this and that, but never gave me a clear cut answer. I can’t even recall how many times I was sick or how many times I prayed that everything would be solved. It started during my freshman year and that summer they tested me for every allergy possible. I had about fifty pricks in my back and ten in my arm, all of which came back negative. They put me on Singular, which I eventually had to stop because I would have severe stomach pains. I was deemed one of the few people they had seen have an allergic reaction to it. During my sophomore year I had constant sinus problems and that reflected in my swimming and school work. I was literally on medicine every two weeks for the winter season. That spring they decided to remove my tonsils and adenoids. That solved my sinus problems but I always felt sick and I didn’t feel like eating. Finally, after a scope and a scan of my digestive system, they finally found what was wrong. I had two problems; I had GERD and Gastroperesis. GERD is an extreme form of acid reflux, and Gastroperisis is where my digestive system takes almost three times as long to disgust. I was immediately put on medication to help. After two years I am doing well, I still take my medicine, and know that in the future I will have to have surgery to fix my esophagus. I believe that this experience has changed my complete outlook on life. I never know when things will get thrown my way or what plan God has in mind for me, but in the end I know it will make me a better person.