Walking in the shoe of the Mumbai terrorists

Latha - Aurora, Colorado

In this I believe that no one is born bad. The Mumbai attack shook my being as I am from India. I then got to thinking what makes someone turn to the dark side, what makes someone enjoy hurting others. I then realized that all the terrorist who struck Mumbai are between 20 and 25 and come from poverty stricken backgrounds. When they were offered a chance at a better living by those who recruited them, when they were offered 2Lakh Rupees for their families – they took it. In this I believe that as long as we as a society let the slums of Mumbai grow, we as a society walk away from homeless teens, we as a society ignore genocide and torture we will grow more Mumbai terrorists in the world.

In this I believe that we can all do more by giving back to society to make it a better place to live in.