Andrew - 42220, Kentucky
Themes: purpose, setbacks

I believe that everything in life happens for a reason, whether it is destiny, or something that you brought yourself into. I have never been very lucky; I guess you could say I am just an average person. I did not get my first car until the last semester of my senior year in high school. It was a piece of crap and on cost me 400 dollars. However, I was extremely proud of it though, regardless of how horrible it looked. It took me a long time to get it, and it got me where I needed to go most of the time…it liked to die a lot. I believe that I deserved that because I worked my butt off for 3 years trying to get any job I could to get the things I want and I finally had a car. If this had never happened to me, I probably would have never been able to go to college to further my education, or get a good job. If you keep good faith and keep trying you will eventually get what you want.

I like to think of the phrase “when one door closes, another opens.” If a good or bad thing happens, usually something else happens in a trigger, as a buffer of some sort. In my life, I have never had that much money, because my family was not that good off. Mom mainly lived off my dad throughout all of their marriage, and even a time after the divorce. She got her first job at Dairy Queen in 1996 at the age of 28. This just so happened to be the same time are dad took basically everything we had, taking it as far as foreclosing on our home, forcing us to move in with our grandparents two bedroom house. I progressed from her, and I believe it will not stop. I plan on continuing my education into graduate school and getting a great career, and making my name a great one. I want to make something of myself and do the things I want to do, without having to worry about financial struggles. I know the struggles are not over.