I Will Be Strong

Molly - Bowling Green, Ohio

All through high school I always wondered if I could make it through college or if I could even get there in the first place. Am I smart enough? Am I going to have the motivation to do my work or am I going to get there and have to quit because it is just too hard for me? These are the types of questions I asked myself before I started applying to college, when I got into college, and even now that I am actually here. I never really thought that I was smart enough or that I would be able to do well in college, but now that I’m here I find myself adjusting to the college life better than I thought. I believe that I will stay strong, that I will push myself to do well in college because that is what will put me in a better position when I get older and am looking for a job. I need to stay motivated to do well in college and I think that now that I am here I am doing better than I ever thought I would. I thought that the work load was going to be too big but as of now I am managing. I actually have all A’s in my classes at the moment and I think that this is because I want to do well in order to get a degree. When I was in high school I didn’t think that doing well was that important because it didn’t really amount to anything. I always got decent grades but I never really had to try or study for anything to pull off an A in the class. Basically, graduating was the only goal I had in high school academically. Now, I have to study and have to take good notes to receive a good grade. I feel that college is a big step and I want to prove to myself that I can stick with it. I believe that I can finish college with a degree in something that I love in order to get into a career that I want.