I, Too, Have a Dream

Geoffrey - Hesston, Kansas

I applaud simplicity. I find that I enjoy the simple things in life more as time goes on. A cup of tea in the park on a warm and sunny spring day, sitting on an old wooden bench beneath a tree, either with a good book, or good conversation. I applaud dreamers. I listen, with an impatient ear, to the dreamers around me, to their magical ideas, that today seem a little farfetched, but hold promise for tomorrow.

I believe in dreams because I believe in shattering the limits of our own minds, and opening ourselves to new ideas. I believe in dreams because I believe in dedication and passion. I believe that the most powerful tool I have is a dream. Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream, a powerful dream that united a nation. I believe in dreams because those who take their dreams to heart and make a difference with them are the true heroes, and the world needs heroes right now. Everyone has a dream that they hold on to, a dream that is so close to their heart, a dream they yearn to make real. I believe in dreams because dreams require dedication, persistence, the willingness to fall, and get up only to fall again.

I have had many dreams, many that I have dismissed, many that I still hold dear. A dream, to me, is not simple, nor is it easy (that would kind of defeat the purpose one would think). However, I believe that you must never be content to let your dreams pass. Never settle, never back down, never give up. I apply this credo to every dream, every goal, every challenge that I face. I intend to achieve every goal, and realize every dream. I intend simply to succeed. I have challenged myself with the schooling I have chosen, I have challenged myself with the sports I play, and I have challenged myself with the dreams I pursue. I believe in challenges because they test our mettle.

My motivation comes from deep inside me, rooted in my family history. I am the only male to carry the Grawunder name; I am my grandmother’s only grandson; and I am my parents’ only son. I intend to make something of myself, I intend to prove myself to everyone that doubts me, and I intend to do it well, every step of the way. I will not settle, I will not back down, and I will not give up. Try me.