My Great Family

Jonanthan - 43026, Ohio

My Great Family

I will never forget the day our family became stronger and closer to each other. It was on a Saturday about 6 months ago, when we found out my mom had cancer. I remember that day when my brother, my dad, and I were at the house and my mom received the call from the doctor saying she had to go through chemo therapy. She fell with tears in her eyes as we gathered around her with loving support. I remember when she doubted herself that day and felt like life wouldn’t be the same again. I’m proud to say my mom is living happy right now and is enjoying life as much as she always has. My mom has inspired me a lot over my years and is a big factor on how I am today. She is the most encouraging person in my life and is always there to listen to me and help me when I am down. I believe that my level of confidence and work ethic has improved, knowing that my mom can get through her life as strong as she is doing, I can as well. The experience my mom went through has opened up a new way of life for me. I look at life a little different and enjoy every day by trying to look at the best of what I have. Also, I have learned that nothing in life comes easy that is worth great importance. It takes a strong work ethic and strong will to succeed. All it takes in life is that voice in your head that tells you to keep going and you will come out on top.