I believe in opitimism

Ebba - Olathe, Kansas
Themes: hope

I believe in optimism and the influence of perspective. I believe that only you can make yourself happy, and no one else can, others can influence our happiness, however in the end it’s our choice, our perspective. Growing up my dad always told me to be positive; to over look whatever may have been making me sad and to be happy. When I was nine I lost everything to a house fire. The only thing I had was my family and the clothes I was wearing. During this time my dad reminded me that there was something bigger and better out there, and that I just had to look on the bright side.

My dad is my inspiration. He is the most positive person I know and never fails to keep looking on the brightside of things. I know that when I have a problem that is over my head I can go to him and know that he is going to help me choose the result that will most benefit everyone. As a young child I wanted to be just like my dad, so much so that my mom called me “daddy’s little shadow”. When I would fall and scrape my knee my dad would always be there to tell me it was going to be okay.

My dad is one of the most determined people I know. My dad has a severe reading disorder, and still was able to graduate from medical school even after he was told time and time again that he could never possibly pass his classes let alone graduate and pass his state boards. Even through out all of this my dad was still able to remain positive. My dad has been such a positive influence that has brought me to believe in optimism and the influence of perspective.