Crystal - Oak Grove, Kentucky
Themes: hope

I Believe in Miracles

After many tests with negative results, she almost gave up. The doctors told her that she could not have children, and should consider adoption as her only way to become a mother. After one last try, she reached for a test. Two blue lines were on the screen. It was a miracle that she was pregnant.

That woman is my mother, and I am the miracle child she was told that she could never have. Although my mother was told that she could never have children, she has now had two healthy and beautiful children, with the doubt of science behind her.

Miracles are an amazing thing to behold, for they aren’t always received the way we plan for them to be, and yet the miracles still answer our prayers and pleas. A single parent may be struggling with paying the mortgage and providing food for her children. Praying to hit the lottery would certainly solve the financial burden in this suffering economy, but once the money is gone, life returns to the normal task of struggling. Praying for more hours in a work week, however, can be the relief a person needs. With more hours in a work week, a mother can earn more money and provide the necessities for her children. It isn’t some impossible thing that could never occur, like the lottery. But the simplest thing of working more hours can be a miracle saving a family from destitution.

As Albert Einstein once said, “There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” Live as if everything is a miracle, and welcome it with arms wide open.