Never Have I Ever

Kristina - Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
Themes: gratitude, hope

• Top 100 Essays USB Drive

Never, Have I Ever

I have never won a noble piece prize or gone sky diving. I have never been famous or experienced the joys of motherhood. Never have I learned how to fly a plane or traveled around the world. I have never gone hitchhiking or bought a lottery ticket. I have never written a book or milked a cow. Gotten a tattoo, won an Olympic medal or learned a foreign language is things I have never done. I have never gotten a speeding ticket, or gotten into that popular show Lost. I will never go into space and I have never dyed my hair. I haven’t invented something useful or been on a motorcycle, bought a house, written a book or sung in front of millions of people. I will never understand the obsession with video games and haven’t starred in a box office hit movie. I have never really been taught to cook or have been married and I have never lived out of Massachusetts. I have never enjoyed cold weather nor had a dog, never been arrested or learned how to play an instrument. I have never saved someone’s life or run for president of the United States and I have never written an essay like this one before.

There are a lot of things I haven’t done, but there is plenty that I have. I have been well educated, found someone I want to be with forever and I am always there for my family and friends. I have traveled a little and have had many jobs. I have been to the beach a thousand times, have dreams for my future and am truly happy. Some may think that because there is so much I haven’t done, I am a boring person or “play it safe”. But I believe that my life is valuable and has a lot of meaning no matter what I put into it. Every life should be lived to the fullest and it is up to us to decide how full we make it. I am only 21 years old and certainly have a lot of life to live, so who knows, maybe some of these things I have never done will change, but for now, I am happy and believe my life is full of great things.