Carol - Hopkinsville, Kentucky

This I Believe about Procrastination. According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, the meaning of procrastination is to put off intentionally and habitually. Putting off something that needs to be done now and not later. I am the worse person about doing this, I always say I will do it tomorrow and it seems to never get done like I have planned to do. It makes me wonder if it is something that a person develops or are they born with it?

People procrastinate all the time, but do we really ever get done what we intend to get done? Why do we just not do something that we know has to be done? Could it be that laziness falls upon us? Or is it that we think that we really will do it tomorrow?

Procrastination is something that I believe will always exist. People will put off doing anything at anytime no matter what the situation is. So I have decided to try and not procrastinate so much and final get that stupid closet cleaned out.