first time

n - Mesa, Arizona

Thorughout my eighteen years of living i have never had any religous rituals to guide my through life, that is until three months agowhen i stepped foot in a church for the very first time. This was something i had alwasy dreamt of and it was now coming true thanks to a very important person in my life and impacting lyrics. It started as i was listening to one of my favorite songs. THe lyrics described that there is a first time for everything and this i truly beleive. As the song gave me the ambition to take on a religion, my friend Jeremy gave me the encouragemtn and guidence needed to start up what would be a life long tradition.

I still recall my first day of chrich. Many emotions ran through my mind as i entered the golden french doors. I was entering a place of worship on the Catholic religion, something i new very little about. Jeremy had educated me with all the basics, but i was still nervous. As Jeremy and I walked in we were greeted with a warm welcoming from many families that had been attending the church for many years. Within the first few mintues of being in such an incredible atmosphere, I knew that this was where I wanted to be in life. This is what i had been in search for and i was finally encoutnering an experience that i had envied for many years.

Growing up I was always jealous of the families that you would see all dressed up and ready for church on Sundays. I had alwasys wanted to be a part of this ritual. Even though I am now eighteen years old I am encountering this adventure that i had always dreamed about as a child. Although this is not a family tradition for myself, i am still attending church with someone who means just as much.

As many Sundays have passed, I am continuing my journey with Catholicism. Each time I go my religous beliefs grow stronger and stronger. In the past few months I have retained so much about this wonderful religion. I have learned everything from communion to confessions, and hope to learn so much more. My inspiration for the Catholic religion continues as I fing myself enlightened after every mass.

From the fatih i have come across, I have found myself to be a happier person. This place of worship is like the second home I was always in search for. Catholicism and the wonderful sommunity within it have made me feel complete. I’m so thankful that this journey I had always dreamed about is now actually taking place. This is where I want to be in life and I am going to make the best of it. I feel as if I fit in here, along with all the other families. Eventhough I had no problems in life, I started this ritual knwoning that if i was to ever encounter and conflict, i knew i could turn to my religios faith for help.

I thank God ofr leading my in the right path to start atteding church. I am so thankful for being impacted by this song and ofr having a true friend to help me along this journey. This expedition will guide me to encounter many other possibilities for the first time, as there is a first time for everything, and this I truly believe.