Only God

Tyler - Park Hills, Missouri

“Only God”

Self-respect, do you have it or not? I believe that I should have self-respect. I believe that self-respect is more important than respect for others. If I don’t have respect for myself, than I can’t have respect for others. I should care more for myself than I do. Honestly I believe that if I don’t have respect for myself than I can never succeed. I think that self-respect determines how far I can go on any sport or academic scholarship I can get. I believe that without self-respect I wouldn’t be good at anything. I believe that without self-respect I would have stopped playing sports a long time ago, because of my dad. I believe that because of this self-respect I won’t conform to what others think I should be. Self-respect is my ability to be myself and not care what others say about me. I feel as if people that talk down to me all the time are just too insecure to be comfortable with whom they are. I also think that what others say to me shouldn’t affect me at all, because only God can judge me.

I believe that I should wear whatever I feel comfortable in no matter what people think is the “clothes everybody should wear.” I really don’t let that crap get to me because of the respect I have for myself. I don’t see the sense in making myself into what others think I should be. I just don’t see how people can cave in and do what others want because they should have more self-respect than that. I feel that I have more self-respect than most kids my age because they all wear the same clothes, and act the same way. I think that I just act a little more mature than others. I just can’t see how anyone can allow these things to happen to them because I think people should have more self-respect. I believe that self-respect is the most important attribute that I possess. I also believe that I don’t care what others say anymore because of the saying I learned to think of in times like that. It is the saying that “Only God Can Judge Me.” So I believe that no one man can judge me for I only face the Lord in judgment!