The littlest things in the end

Jessica - Constable, New York

I will start off to say that you don’t have to give thousands of dollars or even millions to make a difference in someone’s life. You don’t have to go in to wars or help out in major areas of disaster. My parents always said “the littlest things done go a long way in someone’s life”. I believe that everyone makes a difference in someone’s life.

On the news and even in magazines I hear about how celebrities gave thousands of dollars to help out in places of need and people in need. I think about the other people in the world who helped a lady get groceries out of the cart, or the person who directed the little old man to the nearest bathroom. I believe that the smallest thing done for others makes a difference. When I hear celebrities getting awards for helping I think that they shouldn’t be the only ones getting praised for making differences.

When I was twelve my aunt and my mom took me to Myrtle Beach it was pretty busy and everyone was having fun. I was enjoying the water jumping the waves, I was in the water for a good fifteen minutes then the biggest wave came up and pushed me under the water, course I was okay but there was this five year old boy who went under the same time I did and needed help getting out from under the water. I helped him out and he smiles at me and said thank you, there I knew that I had made a difference in his life.

To me making a difference in someone’s life doesn’t mean you have to go all out to accomplish it. I believe you make a difference in people’s life doing the smallest thing. I t could be helping them move brush or helping them put up Christmas ornaments. You don’t have to be a millionaire or have a name in the world you could just be an ordinary person doing extraordinary things, this I believe.