Love Frees Us

Alexandria - Constable, New York
Themes: love

“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” (Sophacles) There are many things that people know and believe that there aren’t reasons or events leading to these beliefs, it’s just believed. For me, this quote is one of those beliefs. I have always believed in love and the power of love. It has always been one of the biggest beliefs in my life, even when I was a young child. After I started to believe this, only then did I experience what it meant.

My parents’ love was the first love that I experienced. Through my seventeen years, I have experienced many kinds of pain. During each of these pains, my parents were there to help me through it, and I always did get better because of their love. I wouldn’t be free from that pain today if it wasn’t for the love they had for me.

I have always known that my friends are there for me during times when I need them. I have been given their love and advice during some of the most painful times of my seventeen years. Their love was always there, along with them, and my pain lessoned because of that. I have been able to get through many troubles because of the love of my friends.

There has been one person in my life so far, that has fallen in love with me. I also fell in love with him. There was much that we each went through in life that brought pain and weighed us down. Through those four years of loving each other, whether we were merely friends or more, we showed each other love and used it to support the other. Even after our recent break up and I experienced some of the worst emotional pain I have experienced so far, the memory of out love, and the love from my parents and friends, kept me strong and free of some of the pain.

I believe in love more than almost anything else I have experienced or heard of. To me, this quote by Sophacles sums up most of my belief. Without love, our lives and world would be a painful one. I believe that love frees us of all the weight and pain of life.