Creativity.

Katherine - Malone, New York

I believe that you can’t judge creativity. To me creativity is originality, your own personal thoughts and ideas. And I truly don’t think another person can judge your thoughts.

I’ve taken many art courses throughout my school years. I had never heard any teacher tell a student he or she was not creative, until this year. In my drawing and painting class my teacher told another student that his project was not creative enough, and that he needed to start over. This really bothered me because I didn’t understand how someone could judge your thoughts or imagination. I know that when I’m being creative, I’m trying the hardest I can to think of original ideas, and to make it my own, and I know the student who was told he wasn’t creative enough was doing the same. He really thought he was being creative. Judging someone’s creativity to me is like judging their thoughts, and ideas. Telling someone they aren’t creative enough, is insulting, it’s like telling them they don’t think well enough, or that they think the wrong way.

Creativity is something that should never be judged. You should never be told that your ideas and imagination aren’t good enough, because it’s in the eye of the beholder.

I believe that you can’t judge creativity.