to be loved.

A - Laurel, Maryland

When I’m riding my bike, I feel like I’m going faster than all of the cars on the road. I know that it’s not true, but flying down a hill at 15-20 miles per hour can have that affect. On the other hand when I see a huge incline ahead of me I get a little intimidated. The thought goes through my head “oh boy, I hope I can get all the way up”. But the feeling of reaching the top of that hill, and looking back at what I conquered has become a habit when I’m out riding. It’s been said that this area of Howard County has some of the most difficult hills to train on, which is why I take such pride in my riding. Confidence is an important thing in the medical field; no one wants a doctor who “thinks there might be something wrong”. And I have always wanted to be a doctor, but i never thought i have the guts or the smarts. one day i told this to my chemistry teacher, whoes class i was just above failing, and she said being a doctor has nothing to do with smarts but everything to do with determination.