Overcoming A Huge Obstacle

Rosalyn - Rossville, Tennessee

Everyone has a time in their life when they go through things and they believe they just can’t make it. The fact is they will get through it just not as fast as they may want to. People handle different situations better than others, and some get over them faster then others. Healing is a process that takes time, it doesn’t just happen over night. I know for a fact that it doesn’t.

I had just gotten out of the hospital and things really were not going very well at all. I was happy to be out but I didn’t feel good about myself one bit. I would go out in public and see people I know but have not seen since I was admitted into the hospital. They would see me and say things like

“Oh my God Rosalyn is that you. I couldn’t recognize you because you had gotten so big.”

My self-esteem was already low, but comments like that made things worse. I would never want to go out to do anything. I would just sit at home depressed about what people would say, and that I didn’t like fact that I had gained so much weight that I didn’t even know who I was. One day my brother and a few of my friends told me to start doing something about my weight since I didn’t like it. They said because sitting in my room being sad about it is not going to change things. So I started working out with my friends outside of physical therapy. The more I worked out the better I started to feel.

I believe that you should not rush things to happen. If you just give it time sooner or later it will all get better, but it takes effort and time from the person whom is trying to overcome that obstacle. Just take things day by day. Try different ideas to see which ones work better for you. For example music may help one person when exercising may work for someone else. It just depends on that person. Just give it time and in the end it will be for the better. Just look at me.