Everyone Needs Help

Tyler - Bettendorff, Iowa

Brothers and sisters don’t always get along. Before my little sister was born, my other sister and I always fought about who sat where on the couch and what show we watched. Then one day I was awakened early and sent to a neighbor’s house because it was a school day. When I got off the bus at the end of the day, my dad was there. He said I had a new baby sister.

I said, “What?” A couple of days later we went to see her.

A few years passed by, and she started talking. She could say almost every word or letter except for words with sh, s, or c.

We thought nothing of it because she was just beginning to talk. A year later she still couldn’t sound the letters out. She is still improving but she will only listen to my dad.

When other people listen to her they say, “What did she say?”

Almost all of my friends understand her.

We went to a doctor’s office to see if she needed to go to a speech person. They said it wasn’t too bad and we could work with her. We all try to help her but she still only listens to my dad.

She still struggles with her speech but we know that with hard work she overcome her sh, s, and c’s,