You Got a Friend in Me

Sarah - Hummelstown, Pennsylvania

Growing up in small towns my whole life, I would always make various friends. Some friendships would grow and some would diminish. Friends are always great to have. They can be there to entertain you when you’re bored, be there when you are in pain, or even be there to bring out a new part of yourself that you never knew that existed. I believe that friends make life interesting and worth looking forward to.

If I did not have friends, I would live a boring life. Friends bring an excitement that cannot be usually found anywhere else. During a softball tournament, many of the softball players stayed in a hotel for the night. Some of my friends made the time in the hotel memorable. We decided to pull a prank on some of our friends to get even from the last tournament. Once we accomplished it, my friends and I became legends in the hotel. Who knew that I could have an interesting night in the hotel and have one of the best times I have ever had.

Every morning I wake up, I usually find myself bored. Though I have my family, I love being around my friends. My friends bring something that no one else can bring, joy. When I am around my friends, I would always find myself laughing the night way. Especially, I would laugh over some random things that would not make sense to anyone. When I am not around my friends, I have nothing to look forward to. If I do not hang out with my friends during the day, I will usually find myself bored and crazy.

I love having my friends. Without my friends I do not know what I would do. My friends are the ones that make memories that are going to last a lifetime. If I did not have my friends, I would live a boring and lonely life. I would have nothing to look forward to every single day. This I believe that friends make life interesting and worth looking forward to.