Kyle - Elgin, Illinois

I believe that flame stickers make thing go faster. My motives for this are more than being naive or childish. Yes, being childish is part of it but there is more and being a child is not all bad. Many of the actions that I do come from that child within me and they help make life fun. I have a few reasons for what I believe.

Reason 1: I have never been a fast kid, so I have always liked any performance or confidence boost I could get. If this meant sticking rockets to my feet that were powered by a nuclear core I would. But it is so much easier to slap a sticker to the side of my shoe and run like the wind. It is like the stickers are feeding me the energy to keep going.

Reason 2: Drag Racing is all about speed and those roaring engines that shoot fire out the back. As a kid I believed that the fire is what made the dragster go fast. Even though my flames on my shoes were not real, I believed that they could make any thing go fast, Just like the sports cars with the flame decals that go rushing past on the highway. Now that I am older I know that the flames are not what makes the cars go fast. Yet, I find comfort in believing in such a simple idea because it reminds me of the simpler times of being a kid.

Reason 3: Every one needs to believe in something childish. By believing in something as simple as flame stickers making things go fast, I think I am able to remember who I am, who I was, and where I came from. I will always have that inner child who lets me imagine and dream.

Some still might find this as too childish for them. But I hope I will always have this belief because this will define me as person for the rest of my life because what someone believes in reflects in their personality and attitude in life.