If I’m the Only One Laughing, Who Cares?

Hilary - Provo, Utah

I believe that if I am the only one laughing it shouldn’t matter what anyone else thinks, or in other words having enough confidence to laugh at nearly everything you think is funny, even yourself. Laughing is the most enjoyable and probably the best thing you can do for yourself. Laugh often, I have always liked the sound of that. Being a prankster as well as mildly inappropriate is something a nineteen-year-old girl like me thrives off of, it comes with the title “teen”. Growing up in a world where everyone is so self -conscious of what others thinks has influenced me to break out of that norm of self -consciousness and develop as a person who laughs at everything, never holding back a laugh. Holding back a laugh is like dieting, denying yourself that pleasure you want so badly….that little piece of cake or piece of red vine licorice. Telling a joke that I think is funny is just as good as hearing a good joke and laughing about it. Nobody else thinks this joke is funny, who cares! I’m laughing. There are times for seriousness but those times are rare. Laughs are contagious, give them to someone, and pass those giggles on. As a happy healthy youngster I’m laughing my days through at everyday occurrences, keeping my stomach in shape and my life in tune, loving life as I laugh it. This I believe.