Don’t Judge a Book by Its Cover

Ryan - Bettendorf, Kansas
Themes: equality

Don’t Judge a Book by Its Cover

When I was younger, the only books I ever read were sports books. If it didn’t have sports in it I would walk right past it.

One day it happened.

I was looking for a sports book when the librarian showed me a book that wasn’t sports. Although I don’t remember the name of the book, I do remember that it was so good that I read it three or four more times before I returned it.

This reminds me of a time that I judged people based on their “cover” or looks. One day at my bus top a new kid had just moved in and was going to our school. His name was Elliot. Elliot didn’t dress very nice so I was ready to pass him by.

When I introduced myself, I found out that he was really nice. We became really close friends.

One day they moved away. I still remember the first day we met. Just think if I had passed by Elliot because of the way he dressed, I would have missed a very close friend.

Don’t judge a “book” by its cover.

This I believe.