Family

Jess - St Ignace, Michigan

Family

I think family is the most important thing a person can have. Family is the

most prized possession I have. There are many different types of family: co-

workers, friends, and relatives. To me family is just people who have your back,

no matter what life throws at you.

Co-workers are the family that you work with on a daily basis, so this

means you always end up telling them everything. It seems that I can always

count on at least one of my co-workers to listen to me. Even though it may not be

the most interesting or hilarious stuff, they are always willing to lend an ear to

me. In a sense, my co-workers have become my “ working family “.

My closest friends are my most respected family. A wise person once said, “

Friends are the family you get to choose.”, and I am a firm believer in that saying.

I have been blessed with the greatest friends in the whole world, and I love them

all dearly. My friends have been there for me through thick and thin, and that is

something that doesn‘t have a price tag. Friends are the family that I can tell

anything to, no matter what it is or who it’s about. However, sometimes I need

my relatives to come to my rescue.

I come from a very large and loving family. I was raised in a Christian

home where I was taught to love and respect everyone with whom I come in

contact. I believe this is why I have such a deep respect for the people I refer to

as my family. My parents and siblings have been the ones who are always there to make sure I land on my feet when I fall. Granted, there are days when we fight

or bicker, but we are still family at the end of the day. I may have many types of

family, but my real family is definitely my favorite.

So, in conclusion, I have many types of family, but family is a very loose

term for me. Sometimes, there are people I’ve only just met that I call family. I

guess what I’m trying to say is, my family isn’t just my cousins, aunts, uncles,

grandparents, parents, or siblings, but my family are the people I hold closest to

me at all times. In my case, I have a lot of family, and I am truly blessed to have

each and every one of them. Family is a very dear and precious thing, so don’t

let it go to waste.