I Believe

kali - 53703, Wisconsin
Themes: equality

I Believe

We all have beliefs about the world and we all see the world in a different way. I believe that the color of a person’s skin shouldn’t matter. Why do so many people judge the character of a person by the color or race they represent? I believe a person’s race should not influence how smart we think they are, or how important we see ourselves in society.

Anybody can be smart or get honors, the color of your skin makes no difference at all. Speaking from experience, I work very hard to get the grades that I get. My Mom encourages me to do my best, just like any parent who cares about their child. Black or white, that is a goal all parents hope for their children.

I believe that people should be judged by there personality instead of their racial identity. Our world judges people harshly. We tend to see the worst in people and not the best. I believe the world should recognize the good side of people regardless of their skin color and race.

I believe that you do not have to act, dress or talk a certain way to be accepted by your peers. If every body acted and dressed the same way, life would be boring. Every body has the right to express themselves however they want. A person’s skin color should not rule how they dress or act.

I believe that when color does not matter people become color blind.

To be color blind in our society is the opportunity to see people for who they really are. Our view of people and their attitudes and feelings about race help us to understand each other. A good way to understand this idea came from a teacher I have who said that everyone is the same color in the dark.