Daddies Shouldn’t Yell at Their Daughters

Sarah - Woodland Park, Colorado

I believe that daddies should not yell at their daughters. There are many different kinds of dads in this world. We have the kind who don’t have much to say at all, the kind who calmly talk to you, and the kind who yell and scream at the top of their lungs in order to get their point across. This is the kind of daddy that I have grown up with. His voice has always had the ability to reach decibels much higher than most people’s. And he never had to tell me how he felt. I could always feel the anger and disappointment with only a few words leaving his mouth. There has never been a point in saying anything back; he won’t hear it anyways. And words can be hard to form through the crying immediately evoked from his voice. Isn’t a daughter supposed to be the most beautiful, cherished, beloved thing in a father’s life? Why would a father want to make his daughter feel these emotions from the one man in her life she is supposed to be able to turn to? Daughters of all ages look to their daddies for strength and comfort from the rest of the world. Daughters need their daddies for love, not hate. This is why I believe daddies should not yell at their daughters.