Philosophy of a Freshman

Colton - Carnation, Washington
Themes: freedom

10/20/08

Philosophies of a Freshman

My philosophy in life is that I must live my life to the fullest and be the best person I can be. For me, living life to the fullest means that I will provide myself with a comfortable life where I am not always stressed about money. It means I will live an amusing and interesting life-one filled with a steady base of friends that I can trust and have good times with as I age. I will have activities that I enjoy, like sports, and music, to keep me happy. I want to travel the world and meet many people. I want to start a family with a woman that I love and will marry.

In order to live my life to the fullest, I must enjoy my life. To enjoy my life, I will need to have a good education so that I can get a fulfilling job that pays well. For me, the job that I will choose won’t necessarily mean choosing a job that makes a ridiculously large amount of money because I don’t think that’s a realistic expectation-at least, that’s not my first priority. In terms of lifestyle, I will choose to make enough money so that I can provide my family a nice home in a neighborhood where they can feel safe and my children can have a good education. I want to travel to places in the world where I have never been; I want to see cities, land forms, and meet many people.

To be a good person in life, for me, means living with good morals. Being a good person means being the sort of person who will help other people when they need help-it means being honest-being someone who doesn’t lie, cheat, or steal. It means listening to others and taking them into consideration. It means being considerate of others and not just doing my own thing and being oblivious to others. This isn’t always easy to do. In fact, knowing the right thing to do can be the hardest thing in the world. This is why it’s very difficult to be a good person all the time and always do the “right thing”.

I think I can be a good person in life by listening and watching. When I come across a person in need, I will be there for that person. I will not abandon them in their time of need, but will work with them to help solve their problem, if I can. I think living in this way will give me peace of mind.

Over my life, I will live in accordance with my personal philosophy because it is what I believe in and drives me to go through life. These are the principles that I was raised on and what I will teach my children as they grow of age.