We the People Won.

Jane - Miami, Florida

The Presidential election of 2008 is over and the world has not ended, Life as we know it has not changed as a result. Life will simply change in spite of who is President of the United States. I was disappointd in the outcome. McCain got my vote, expressing my confidence in wisdom and experience. I had and still do consider myself to be a tree hugging Liberal. I do believe in dreams and hope and the future but as I age I believe in reality and the reality for me when the count was in and Obama had won was not the revelers who were engaged in the ecstasy of the moment and their soon to be fat wallets it was the testimony of Black Americans witnessing an event long overdue. At last they were part of the history they had shaped without due acknowledgement. In the voting booth they attained equality. They had hoped and dreamed (and fought)and now it was reality because they had tears in their eyes not dollar signs.

We are an exceptional nation no matter who occupies the Oval Office.