Media/Iraq War

Patch - Federal Way, Washington
Themes: war

The majority of people have come to the conclusion that the war in Iraq is bad and there is no reason to be over there. I however, believe that the war is okay in some sense. I say this not only because I enjoy violent video games, but I believe a good decision is made afterwards, like a treaty. Everyday for the past 7 years we have been spoon feed ridiculous information from the media about the war. For example, I spoke with the regular Bush protestors in Federal Way on their beliefs of the war, they went to a seminar that said they believe we are there for oil. Then she throws in this comment saying the Afghanis weren’t alone in the terrorist attacks. They claim the explosion was too big when the plan hit, and that explosives were planted in the twin towers, “And guess who was the CEO of the twin towers, George Bush’s brother” she said. I wanted to die laughing but she was serious. I believe that there must be a media created that is neither liberal nor conservative. There are just too many false stories coming out from either side. Some servicemen had stated this war would have been over 5 years ago if it wasn’t for the media.

The problem is is that most people just watch the news and spread what they have heard around like a bucket of KFC in the deep part of Kentucky. People plant this knowledge in their head and are so stuck up they wont admit they are wrong when proven. It’s like a bad game of telephone with kindergarteners who have hearing aids. It all starts with the Energy Information Administrations stating we get 663,000 barrels of oil a day from Iraq, behind 6 other countries, (including ourselves, that’s right we get most of our oil right here in the U.S.) who we import millions of barrels a day, like CANADA. The media says that Iraq is one of our main oil suppliers. Then we have the good ol’ American citizen (who doesn’t know how many Amendments are in the Bill of Rights) saying that the only reason we are in Iraq is for their oil.!!!!! What in the world!!!! I don’t even know what to say! Except this, we were importing up to 300 million barrels of oil a year from Iraq, which has now dropped to about 150 million barrels a year. But, those are just statistics.

(Deep breath)

Moving on. Even if the calamity of 9/11 did not occur, we should have still gone over there. The Middle East has been at war for hundreds of years. The Muslims are not going to stop at trying to end the population of the Jews just like the Nazi’s. I know this because if you go to Arabic countries surrounding Israel, you will not find Israel on their maps. It is all labeled Arabic territory. So here is how I see it, Arabic people are trying to gain more and more power by fighting and bombing anyone who opposes. The U.S has held them back as if a teacher were holding back two fighting students. Now, what happens if you let go of those two students, they begin to fight again. I believe, since we have the most advanced military in the world, we should at least attempt to reduce the amount of fighting in the Middle East. This I believe / rant.