Belief in Another

Jackson - Beaverton, Oregon

Belief in Another

There’s something that I look forward to seeing every day, something that’s not my family, not my dog or cats, or even the food I eat for breakfast. There’s something that I look forward to everyday, no matter what the day. I look forward to seeing my friends every morning, seeing them light up and having me remember, everyday why these people are so significant in my life. I believe in the importance of a friend and what they can give to your life. I believe in the profoundly positive impact that I know my friends have on me.

I am one of the millions of students that trudge through the seemingly endless monotony of high school life. Every weekday, I wake up at 6:46, and promptly fall back to sleep. The prospect of going to school just does not appeal to my early morning state-of-mind. But yet in the twenty minutes I end up giving myself to get ready for school, I find a way to never be late. This is because I know who’s there waiting for me. I know that the people I love and the people that love me also found a way to get up and go to school too. And it’s for these people, my most awesome, genuine, superb compadres that I trudge to school every day.

When I’m with my friends, I always think about my best moments with these people. Whether it was the first time I ran through a part of town. The first time I explored a forest and thought I was going to get lost because it was pitch black outside. The time I laughed for so long that I thought I was going to suffocate. All these moments of my life and many, many more, resonate inside the relationships that I have with these people. I think back on these moments and laugh, floating in the memories, ready to create more.

I live by the quote “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” By Charlie Chaplin because I believe that no one should ever have a day without a moment of joy. And I strive to fulfill this creed by enjoying the companionship of my friends. Even when something goes wrong, I always think of my motto, my friends, and I always believe things will get better. So whenever something gets you down, look to your friends. And laugh.