Getting away

Tyler - Fort Collins, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem

Getting away

Every year my father and I take a trip to South Dakota. We go up there not only for family and friends, but for the great outdoor adventures within it. One thing South Dakota is known for is its fantastic Pheasant hunting. Taking a break from life is what I believe in. Life sucks, just admit it. Some days are amazing, yet others are terrible. Its nice to get away from an unrealistic life every once in a while to recognize what or who you are.

Going through each day in South Dakota is like a huge refreshment. I wake up early and go to sleep late. Even though I do this day after day I still am relaxed. As the sun rises you do with it, slowly yet surely. I open the door from the bunk house and there sitting at the big plastic white table is your family and friends. Soon after walking out usually I look around, take a quick piss, and eat breakfast. No ordinary breakfast might I add. The most amazing breakfast, Bacon, eggs, hash browns satéd with onions, with a fresh glass of milk. Did I mention the best breakfast! Yum! After dinner you wait for noon hour to come, to go hunt pheasant. My restless legs are finally ready to go. Drive the monstrous trucks out, get your daily limit, then drive back to the shop to rest and talk. I sit at the long white table waiting for some old man to start telling stories. The numerous stories get you thinking about what happens and what of coarse could happen in your normal unrealistic life. How things happen that no one even can see or recognize, that you would only be able to see in the real life. At the end of all this you realize how important seeing the real word in everything is important.

So on my drive home I am eager to get back to Colorado so I can see the real world there. Taking breaks from the material word is not only refreshing but it is also shows you the real world. It does get you back and excited for the system of life.