A Wise Man Once Said…

Victoria - Cypress, Texas

All humans make mistakes, some are big, and most are small. An error made, is just a reminder, that we are all human in the end. Without errors and mistakes, we would not have learned how to do anything. Making errors is a human characteristic; therefore, to make errors is to be human. Plutarch once said, “To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and the good learn wisdom for the future.” I know that admitting or even correcting a mistake is very arduous. Nevertheless, it is not necessary to correct them, but it is essential to learn from your mistakes. I have learned a great deal from the errors of others. I have learned that there is no such thing as hate, just a thing called envy. I learned this after ferreting through the entire feud in my head that took place between two of my friends. In the same note of learning from mistakes, I eschewed thinking I was learning, when I was merely rearranging my prejudices. If I rearranged my prejudices, then I would be “false” learning. “False” learning does the mind no good. I have also a great deal learned from my own errors. I have learned that if you use the phrases that your parents tell you to do, against your parents, then you get in a huge amount of trouble. In example, my parents always tell me when I get cold to put more clothes on, while the other day my mom got cold and I told her that she needed to put clothes on because that is what she always tells me to, I ended up grounded for a week from my truck. From this mistake, I have learned that you should never point out to your parents that they are hypocrites and that they should follow the advice that they personal give. This knowledge of my parents will help me later in life when I have kids of my own, I will remember what I have learned. I will know how to solve the problem, what to say, and what not to say, and most importantly how to handle the problem. If I ever make a mistake that my parents made, I can remember that errors make us all human and that errors and mistakes are here to make us learn.