I believe in curing cancer

Amanda - Fort Collins, Colorado
Themes: hope

I believe in curing cancer

I am 14 years old, I am in 9th grade and I believe in curing cancer. Have you ever lost someone to cancer I have it is hard especially at a young age where they should still be living there life.

When I was about nine I lost my grandma to Nonhodgkins Lymphoma, which is a type of cancer that affects your lymph nodes. She was only 52; she died one month before her 53rd birthday. At nine years old I never realized how bad cancer is. I always walked the marathons, wore the pink ribbon, and donated money every time I got the chance, but I never really understood how bad it can get and the traumatic experience people go through when they lose someone they love. After my grandma died I started to realize the pain and hurt you go through. As I get older and as I look back on it I start to understand why it is so important to donate and do the marathons, where the ribbons and just do what you can to help find the cure. But I know that it is hard to do all of those things but if everyone would just do what they can every little bit will count.

I believe in curing cancer, that everybody should donate money even if it is just a little bit to help cure cancer. I know that not everybody knows how it feels to lose someone to cancer and just be happy and thankful that you don’t. I believe in curing cancer, so that if a baby is born with cancer it will be cured right away so they can live a full and happy life. If an elderly person has lived with cancer there whole life so they can get cured and be able to do what they could not before. I know that curing cancer is not going to happen over night but if everyone helps out and pitches in just a little then where closer to reaching the cure. This is what I believe