Nothing is real;so enjoy yourself

Kory - Fort Collins, Colorado

Nothing is real; so enjoy yourself

I believe we are here. Why? How? Where? What is the distinction between reality and imagination? What ensues when this heart stops beating? Everything may be an illusion. There may be infinite more beings rendering us totally insignificant. The only thing I know is that I exist at this very moment. “I think therefore I am”-Rene Descartes.

Because of this, the only thing we can do is to savor every single second.

The best thing we can do is to have a good time and enjoy ourselves. Despite this, billions continue to coast through life in a daze. The drones continue to work and eat and sleep. No real emotion. No enjoyment. Never being engaged in the moment. Never interacting with people or loved ones. They are those lost in their ignorance. In society, most of the inhabitants are simply slaves to the grind. They toil after the wrong things, success, power, and money. Don’t they realize none of these things will leave with them onto another life? Don’t they realize the hours they spent working will never be graciously given back?

To this I must confess a bit of hypocrisy. I continue to devote a lot of my time to school, though most the time it does not make me “happy”. I know for certain, that if I were to be in a horrible car accident tomorrow, as bleed to death, I would never say, “My only regret is not doing that math homework”.

If you had only one more day to live, what would you do? Who and what means the most to you? I challenge you to be with that person, to do that thing, as much as possible. Appreciate and love every second. Obviously, not every day is going to be perfect, but why not make it better? Be engaged and love every second of life, because you will never ever have it back.