Sweet Words

Ana - Los Angeles, California
Themes: love, question

I believe that words can hurt to some people. Do you believe when someone tells you I love you?

Once upon a time I was talking to this guy. We had three months talking to each other. But there was a problem; he didn’t know how I look. We started talking to each other because I was the one that started a conversation with him; once I got his cell phone number I send him a text message. Since then he started calling me every night before going to sleep. There was a day while talking to him he told me that he really liked me a lot like a friend. Then time passed by and then he told me that he was starting to feel something for me. I asked him how he was going to feel something for someone that you don’t even know how she looks. I remember once when he told me that he missed talking to me while he was at his brother’s house and that he loved me. Man, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. Once I would hear the phone ring a big smile would come out of my face. His voice was what made my day happy. Time passed by and there was a day when I ask myself why he has not called me. We were in the middle of the week and I hadn’t even heard a message from him while I wasn’t home. The phone wouldn’t ring at the time it usually would ring. I hated myself because I knew this was going to happen and I had said to myself before talking to him that I wasn’t going to believe any word a guy would say to me. But even though I knew this I decided to stop talking to all my friends that I used to talk to on the phone and only talk to that one guy. But now I stayed talking to no one. I felt like I was a toy to everyone, that they could come talk to and play with my feelings.

Now I know for sure not to believe those sweet words a guy tells me because they don’t mean them. I don’t say sweet words if I don’t mean them because words can hurt.