The Struggle

Jordan - Urbana, Ohio

When I was a freshman my brother was a senior in high school. We both played soccer and we both had a passion for the game. My brother was a three time all-state, two time player of the year, and had awards that most people can only dream of. Well as a freshman I had all that to live up too. My first game my assistant coach told me that I was a good player, but would never make varsity and become a collegiate player. Instead of believing him I work with my brother every night after practice and never took any negativaty from the coach and anyone else. By the third game I was starting Varsity and by my senior year I had accomplished awards and played in games that my brother never played in. I ended up getting a soccer scholarship to play at the college level. I made it even when people doubted me.