My Thoughts on Slow-Walking People

Andrew - Provo, Utah
Themes: peace

As I was sitting on my couch the other day watching the news, I saw countless stories of violence that stemmed from a few cross words being exchanged between people. This got me thinking. I believe that the problem this world seems to have with violence would be so easily solved if all people would simple cease to be offended. Now, I know that sounds crazy or extreme, but think about it. How many times have fights broken out or people been shot because they said something that could be construed as offensive (or maybe they did it on purpose) and somebody took it personally? I feel people are too quick to resort to violence when they feel that their personal pride has been injured. I once heard a great saying that I would like to share with you all: “Only a fool takes offence, when offence was not intended. And only a fool takes offence when offence was intended.”

So the next time you overhear someone say something about you, your family, your religion, or you favorite football team, just let it go. Ten to one says you will probably never see that person again anyway. And that’s what I believe.