Kindness

Cori - kingsport, Tennessee

Kindness

I believe in simple random acts of kindness. I feel they are the moral fibers that hold humanity together. I can attribute this belief to my father. He taught me that what comes around goes around. I always figured that if I tried to do something nice for someone that it would come back to me eventually. Almost like good Karma. This is one life lesson I took to heart and as I have matured I have grown to understand its importance. . Without even knowing it you could change someone’s attitude. Even with something as simple as a smile or wave. It’s like a little reminder that we are all in this struggle together. With a small gesture you can make someone feel a little less invisible in the whole scheme of things. You could be helping someone out more than you know. It could be the little boost they needed to get them through the day or make them feel a little more important. I like to think that through doing these nice things something nice will happen to me when I need it most or least expect it. Even if it never does come back to me I would feel good knowing that I helped in any way I could. We are all in this together and it is our responsibility to reach out to our fellow man. You can also meet many wonderful people in the process. Some of the best and most interesting people I have ever met have been through a simple exchange of words. Sometimes friendships form, like in the case of my best friend. I reached out to her by inviting her to sit with me in lunch one day in high school. She seemed hesitant but we created a bond that will last forever. Sometimes you meet people and never see them again. There are people I have briefly come into contact with throughout my lifetime that I wonder how they are or where they are. Like the two girls that pulled me out of my car when I rolled it. They came out of nowhere and pulled me out and they called the police for me. I was hysterical. They happened to have seen the whole thing and seemed extremely concerned. Later that day I got a phone call from the two of them explaining they were still worried about me and noticed my number was still on their phone from where they had let me use it to call my mom. It was a wonderful feeling I knowing that two strangers cared so much for my safety without even knowing my name.

You don’t have to know someone to be kind to them. I feel that if we could all make the conscious effort to reach out to people on a daily basis, it would make every ones day a little brighter and make the world a little better.