You Can Do Anything That You Put Your Mind To

David - Wexford, Pennsylvania
Themes: work

Well I guess it’s time for another cross country meet. I go through the day with butterflies in my stomach, with this strange, nervous excitement feeling radiating from me. It’s only my body preparing for the race today, zapping my energy away, and conserving it for the run. As my body prepares physically, I need to prepare mentally as well. I have to be confident in myself and my abilities, and just know that I will succeed in the race. I listen to motivating music, music that really pumps me up for the event. In every way I can I prepare for the race, because I know I can do it and do it to the best of my ability. I believe that I can do anything that I put my mind to.

Now the race begins, and I start off strong, feeling great. I know that I have to be mentally focused and not let the pain get to me. Even as I climb the large hill and my legs burn and I’m breathing hard, I endure the pain because I believe that I can do it and can succeed. As the last mile rolls around and I just want to collapse, I don’t because I am determined to finish the race as quickly as possible. So I push my body to the limit, and use every last ounce of energy I have to sprint to the finish line. I succeeded and finished the race with pride and excellence.

On a daily basis, no matter what you’re doing, as long as you believe you can do something, you can do it. All throughout life you will have to do challenging things, things you don’t want to do, things that you won’t enjoy, but you can do all these things as long as you put your mind to it. You can just buckle down and do them because once you accomplish them you will feel great. So I challenge you, the next time you feel like you just hit into a road block, and can’t accomplish something and just want to quit, buckle down and put your mind to it and believe, because you will be able to succeed.