My Belief is in God

Daniel - Cedar Point, North Carolina

God is sustenance like water in an arid desert. I have this belief in God that keeps a person satisfied. This belief is one of which I have pride in because it is what essentially gives me reason to live. When looking at whether or not there is a God, we must look deeper than normal at the things which surround us.

Look at the nature around us. Walt Whitman said, “Every moment of light and dark is a miracle.” Think about it. Were it not for the Sun, we would rest in darkness. I come to the conclusion; hence, that only a superior being could create such a convenient thing that we take for granted that provides not only the light necessary for our world to progress, but also the heat necessary. The Sun is positioned in such a way that it perfectly transmits temperatures that can maintain life on this Earth.

Belief in God is sustenance even Walt Whitman, a transcendentalist, could not deny. It is such a belief that sustains a person like water would satisfy a person desperately searching for an oasis in a desert. It makes me whole, fills me to our uttermost, and keeps me living continually, like water in a desert.