Music Will Set You Free

Karina - GUADALUPE, Arizona

Music Will Set You Free

Music comes in many versions and genres and is a great way to connect and even meet someone new. Music is healing and stress relieving. It brings people together from all different walks of life. When you find someone who listens to the same genre of music that you do then you are able to bond with him or her in some way. This is what everyone seeks in this life. Music can change people’s views and thoughts, after hearing something of the past that has awakened a forgotten memory. Music ranges from many different genres and that is what makes music so much better to listen to. There is something different about music being heard or played by different people. This can vary from a moment you never want to forget or represent a time in your life when you felt happiest.

Music brings people together in so many ways. It is capable of bringing out the good and truth in people. They are able to let go, be themselves, and feel as one. A great example of how it brings people together would be the movie; “August Rush” this movie is about how Evan Taylor, a young boy, is in search of his parents, both of whom are musicians. Throughout the movie Evan or August Rush, a musical prodigy, uses his gift as a clue to finding his birth parents. Eventually he finds out that his parents did not mean to abandon him, which he knew in his heart all along. This movie leads people to understand to listen to what is happening all around them and shows that through determination and the power of music anything can be achieved if one sets one’s mind to it.

We have all; at some point had a first love. For instance, I had encountered just this past May. The different types of music we listened to were a part of what our relationship was based on, understanding. We had a favorite song we both liked to listen to and he introduced a new genre of music that I had not yet listened to. In the long run, I was able to understand his thoughts through the type of music he listened to as well as learn a lot about him. Although this had a negative impact on my life once it ended, I learned to deal with the fact that nothing can last forever. Even though we are still friends, the music he introduced to me will always be a part of me that I can never forget.

The power of music is what I believe in, since it always reminds me of my happy memories and the times in my life when I thought what more could go wrong. Music has led me to believe in the power of determination and hope, also in the power of love and loss. So, start believing today in the power of music. You never know what might come of it.