Elevation

Fergyl Dennis - Missouri City, Texas

Triela is the embodiment of prosperity. She’s familiarized herself with every fragment composing the universe of mathematics, understood every piece of the intricate human anatomy, and developed her linguistic skills to a caliber so high that she could probably sweet talk in a million different languages. Her successes don’t stop at the precipice of academics, either: Her beauty is unprecedented, her compassion is unrivaled, and she stands strongly by her individuality, yet what I love the most about her is that she is genuinely happy with her life. She has overcome thousands of hardships and suffered inconceivable tragedies, and her experiences blossomed out into the incredible girl she now. She is my inspiration, and I believe that if I strive to unlock my highest potentials with as much determination as Triela, I can conquer my own conflicts and become someone as amazing as she has proven to be.

I carry my own share of crosses, and who doesn’t? What I’ve learned from Triela is that the severity of my sufferings shouldn’t discourage me, only propel me to try harder. None of these crosses prompt me to see myself in any light of pity. I see all these afflictions as lessons, as the foundation of what I aspire to become. I’m going to do my absolute best to work through all of my tribulations and overcome my sorrows, to push through the expansive degrees of life’s demands and come out battle worn, but victorious. One day, I’ll reach the elevation that Triela stands on, the altitude where people are encompassed in true euphoria because they’ve attained their dreams, where they have their own, admirable life stories culminating their success, ready to instill bravery, inspiration, and awe into the new generation raring to test their potentials so they can make unprecedented differences in this world, but, for now, I’ve got to keep striving.