I Believe…

Lisa - Springdale, Arkansas
Themes: love

I Believe…

I believe that love at first sight doesn’t always bring happiness and understanding. I was the type of person that only thought from the heart. I mean if you think with your mind as well as your heart, you wouldn’t find yourself thinking twice.

I was thirteen and it was in the summer when I went on a mission trip with my youth group to Alma, Texas. When we first arrived at the church before heading out, I realized that there were people coming along that I have never seen before. Later I found out that they were other Church of Christ members from different areas. Eli Stokes was one of those few people. I thought he was the one when I first saw him. He had the cowboy look and everything I would think of as perfect, even how hot he was. Then, during the week in Texas, I was around him more often and I got to really know him as far as what he liked, and how he reacted to certain attitudes that people shot his way. Even just seeing him for one week did not change my mind on him being “the one.” So we dated and with our conversations on the phone, I realized how different he was than what I had expected him to be. He chews, cusses, and thinks in ways that are inappropriate. I had also found out that he works four jobs and he’s only sixteen! Because of his lack of time, he couldn’t spend even a minute with me. Our close relationship soon came to an end. To this day we are still good friends though we don’t get to talk as much as I wish. Because of Eli, I believe that love at first sight doesn’t always bring happiness and understanding. This I believe.