Music; My First Love.

Josh - 28570, North Carolina

Music; My First Love.

I pledge allegiance to my love for music, for the soul in which it expresses, one entity, one contribution in which it stands, for emotion and gaiety for all.

I believe in the power of music. I believe that music is a universal language that expresses the feelings and emotions of someone through song, someone that wants to be heard, someone that maybe has no other way to express themselves.

Whether a country is at war or you’re just having a bad day, when you hear the sound of music, something inside of us stirs up and out of ourselves – relieving us of our troubles.

Whether it be a family in a war torn country playing on pots and pans for the enjoyment of it, because when the sound flows through you, and you do feel free, in that brief state of mind. Whether it be a teenager having bad at high school, just wanting to forget and drift, like myself, I feel the power of music every time I touch the frets on my bass guitar, the rhythm resonates through my veins. I feel uplifted as if I could fly or as if I suddenly lost all recollection of my being, all I know is song, the baseline of my life, always changing, yet the rhythm never ends. I believe in the power of music, it touches so many walks of life… it is truly a gift to man.