In A Flash

Brittany - Oak Grove, Missouri

When I finally grasp what was going on in my life, what exactly happened, and how I was suppose to live from then on was on June 16th, 2006. I was sitting in the physical therapy office with my mother on my right hand side. The doctor was asking my mother questions like how the car accident happened, what was I doing, and what the doctors did at the hospital. Everything my mother said was hard for me to take in since I did not remember anything about my car accident. The car accident to me never existed since I never remembered it nor being in the hospital. It was like a nightmare when my mother told the story, a guy in a Ford F-350 ran a red light and t-boned me on my side of my Honda Civic going 50 mph and I was only going 5 mph. Witnesses said my car did a 360 about 3 times before it completely stopped and I was knocked unconscious immediately.

After hearing this story hundreds of times, over a dozen doctors, and thousands of hours of therapy it still doesn’t seem real. June 14th, 2006 changed my life for the better and the worst, even though that entire summer I wear a neck brace and a leg brace. The first week of July I won UCA All-Star cheerleader for the third year in a row and July 18th, 2006 I was runner up for Miss Teen Nebraska.

From my accident it made me realize that I should not take life for granted but instead live it up. My car accident should have been fatal but instead I survived it. Still to this day do not complain about the doctors appointments I have ever day.