Alyssa - San Antonio, Texas

I believe that corn tortillas are better than flour tortillas. The ambrosial taste of the maize awakens the five senses much more than flour tortillas do. The fact that corn tortillas are much more beneficial to the body and flour makes them all the more delectable.

Corn tortillas are much healthier for your body than flour tortillas. According to “The Daily Plate”, a 13’ corn tortilla has 70 calories, 1 gram of total fat, and 14 grams of carbohydrates. On the other hand, a flour 13’ flour tortilla has 146 calories, 4 grams of total fat, and 25 grams of carbohydrates. Eating too many carbs in one diet can have a significant effect on your body because large amounts of consumed carbs digest very rapidly and those carbohydrates then become blood glucose, raising the amount of glucose in your bloodstream (Dr. Barry Groves, PhD), slowly but surely increasing your weight to an unwanted amount. America’s health is going down the drain because of the vast variation of carbohydrates available, and by switching from a bland, boring flour tortilla to a scrumptious, savory corn tortilla can save your weight and add years to your life. Why not eat a corn tortilla?!

The blandness of the flour tortilla adds no “zest” to your meal, especially when you need it most. A flour tortilla has a plain, uninviting white color to it, while corn tortilla has a yellow-ish coloring to it, making it more appealing to the eyes. The saying, “your eyes are bigger than you belly” is a fact because corn tortillas are more attractive to your senses and to your appetite.

The divine corn tortillas have so much more flavor to them You couple never have “Flourtos” because you can’t deep-fry flour to mimic the delicious corn dipping chip known as “Fritos”, an American’s favorite party chip.

Being from a town overflowing to the brim of Mexican influence and heritage, corn tortillas are a much more preferred choice in restaurants, grocery stores, and homes across the city. The variation of yellow corn, bleached corn, and fat-free corn tortillas give everyone the freedom they need to choose the best corn tortilla for their taste buds.

The five senses of the body are aroused bye the deliciousness and delectability of the flavorful corn. You can get a 5-star restaurant taste with a $0.50 price. Corn tortillas are healthy for your taste buds, body, and mind. I believe that corn tortillas are the supreme choice over flour tortillas.