Baseball is God

Christopher - Cape Carteret, North Carolina
Themes: sports

Baseball is God

I believe that baseball is God, even though they’re two different things; they are both in my life fully.

I have been playing baseball since I could walk. For much of that time, I’ve been hoping to go pro. And I realize that God is a big part of me making it to the major leagues. When I go pro, I hope to support my family and have fun doing it.

Baseball is all about faith and believing in yourself. You have to know that you are good and that you can achieve in all your goals. I always remember that God is always there for me and that he will help or give me the strength to achieve and also always be a positive thinker. My parents always said to have good sportsmanship and be a positive and motivated reyien forcer.

When I was about 8 years old, my baseball coach asked me to play on the Camden All-star Team. Boy, did I think I was something. You would have thought that I had just won the Home Run Derby. But I remember when I got home from the first practice, I got in my bed and prayed to God, thanking him for letting me be on the All-Star Team.

After making the All-Star Team that year, I have never been turned down to play on the team. I never stop thanking God for what he has done for me and mainly my whole family. I love it how my family is so close and granted; we have been through some hard times, but God has always helped us. If it were not for my family, God and baseball, I would not have made it this far.

Baseball does not seem like a fun sport to play, but I love it. I look at it this ways, less baseball players, more playing time for me. My parents have never questioned why I like baseball; they just support for whatever I choose, even if I choose to cheerlead. Ok, maybe not that, but definitely baseball.

I hope to do what I can possibly do in all my power to make it pro. But if I don’t then I know that God has something else planed for me to do. But my main step for even thinking of going pro is to keep all my grades through high school and college, and then I will look at pro baseball. I will always keep my faith and believe that baseball helps keep my faith.