Love from a Young Heart

Taylor - Newport, North Carolina
Themes: love

Love from a young heart

Im 14. Im freshmen. But can’t I be in love? I believe everybody can be in love at some point in their lives. I believe that everybody has a better half out there somewhere.

Everybody has a summer romance. Mine was last year. I remember going to my mom and telling her that I was in love! I was so excited, and filled with joy, but when I told her my mom scolded me. She was mad. My mom said “You’re only 13. You don’t know what love is, you’re too young.” But age is only a number; I believe that nobody can tell you if you’re in love, only you know if it is true.

Parents underestimate teens. I mean, they were in love at my age too. Some people may not find that person until their older. It may take years and years. I know what true love is. I see it everyday. When I look at my parents, I see it. They’ve been through the worst, but also the best. They’ve been together for 25 years. My dad looks at my mom like she’s a queen. I want that one day. I believe that my parents are truly meant for each other.

Love isn’t a thing you describe; it’s a thing you feel. I believe that love is like the wind, you can’t see it, but you can feel it. My favorite scripture out of the bible is “Love is always patient and kind, it is never jealous, Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offence and is not resentful. – 1st Corinthians 13:4

I believe that love is also very cliché. People over use the word love. Teens use love way too much. I believe that if you’re going to say it, then you should also mean it. I remember puppy love, but when you get old enough, you start to look. Look for a person that you like, and will be good to you. A person that you can see yourself with.

I believe that everybody has a better half. I believe that nobody can tell you if you’re in love, only you know if it’s true. I believe that my parents are truely ment for each other. I believe that love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it. I believe that love is also very cliché.