Savannah - 28584, North Carolina

Be Yourself

I believe that you should be yourself no mater what anyone thinks. Trust me; it is a lot easier to act yourself, then like someone else.

When I was about eleven, I was hanging out wit people that were already in high school. I know big age difference right? So, of course, not only did I look up to her, but I wanted to be just like her. So, everything she did, I would do, it got me in a lot of trouble, and honestly, I didn’t want to do most of the stuff I was doing. So, not only was my mom disappointed in me, but I was upset with myself. Not always is everyone going to like you, but at least you and everyone that is important to you will accept you for you for who you are.

Just think about it. Is it really fun trying to act like someone else? I didn’t think it was, but that’s just me. And just because all the “cool” kids do something doesn’t mean that you have to. They are not going to put shame on you because you stand up for what you believe in. if you think its right, then do it, but if you don’t, then don’t fall under peer pressure.

Also, my friends are just about my life, and I would do just about anything for them. But when I started blowing them off and changing the way I was acting, they really stopped being there for me. I didn’t understand why, and It would make me so mad, but them, finally I realized why, and I had no one to talk to about my problems. I was too scared to talk to my older friends about anything, because I was afraid they would think, I was just a little kid, or immature. That’s when I just wanted to be me. So I started like myself, and I realized that everyone still like me. Including and that’s what matters the most is what I think and believe.

Just be yourself. Your life will probably be more fun and a lot less worrying, instead of having to think about what somebody else worries or thinks.