FAmily is love

Danielle - Rexburg, Idaho
Themes: family, love, respect

I believe in the power of the family unit because inside of it lies the greatest weapon known to man. Unconditional love. It cannot be measured yet can fill the immensities of space and time. It can be found even if one isn’t searching for it. It is a force that can change even the most stubborn of hearts and open them to higher ways of thinking. Thoughts can become a whirlwind of confusion but yet we can see the world clearer with it. True love endures and grows. When a man and a woman truly love each other this much they desire to share it with another person, someone that can grow and learn from them and love them too. They combine what they love most (each other) to create a special person. Their little person. What more could you want?!

People may think that this is a fairy tale and that this kind of love doesn’t exist in today’s society but I know for a fact that it does exist. I’ve experienced it and have seen it with others. My family isn’t perfect by any means but we’ve sacrificed and stuck together and those trials made us stronger. Without each other we couldn’t have survived. Love is the glue that sticks us together and provides a purpose for our actions.

I believe in the power of parents. They influence generations through their habits, personalities, and beliefs. They also guide us through the many avenues of life which we face everyday and supply us with the wisdom they have received from their parents and from their own experiences. They guide us with their love. Every few months as I grew up my father would take each of his children one-on-one and talk with us. He would listen to us as we explained the events happening in our lives and would give us advice and encouragement. His purpose was helping us and as I followed his advice I began to learn that he wasn’t just an old man, he was an intelligent old man that I could trust and go to anytime because he loves me.

I believe in the power of siblings. Although they were the ones that held me down and tickled me until I peed my pants or the ones that would snatch the cookie that grandma made for me on my birthday, they were my trusted protectors and defenders. In my tweens I had no confidence in myself and had no friends. My parents, seeing this encouraged (but most likely probably threatened) my brother, David, to help me. He took me under his wing and let me hang out with him and his friends. Although they were in high school they weren’t much more mature than I was so we got along really well. They accepted me for me and it was the happiest I’d ever been. He is one of my biggest heroes and best friends to this day. I love him.