Laughing Away the Tears

Erin - Rexburg, Idaho

Many are the memories I have had with my best friend, Susie, where I laughed until I cried, or I laughed because I didn’t want to cry. I loved going to high school, not because of what my teachers taught me about life, but because of what giggling taught me about life.

Last year my high school was putting on the production of My Fair Lady. I was the main character, Eliza, in the first cast. I got kicked out after only performing on stage one time and Susie got booted out right ehind me.

That was the best night of my life! After I decided that it wasn’t worth crying over, all I could do was laugh about it. If you haven’t ever got kicked out of a play I highly recommend it. That night Susie and I went through a series of ping-pong games, pillow fights, and a big bag of Swedish fish. I don’t think I stopped laughing the whole night.

The point of the story being that it is better to laugh than to cry. Given, you have to cry sometimes because once in a while life really does suck, but there isn’t any problem in your life that you can’t make easier or funnier if you have a happy outlook. Laugh away your worries so that when you get old, you can say that your wrinkles are laugh lines and not worry lines. Laugh because it feels better than crying. Laugh because it makes the tears and worries go away. Laugh because you can.